Do you want to give back this holiday season, but don’t have the time to commit to service projects in between work, family obligations, and *of course* dealing with your fibroids? We’ve got you covered – here are five low-maintenance ways to give back and make a difference:
- Look for opportunities to donate at check-out. You’d be surprised how many opportunities there are to perform an act of kindness during check-out. For instance, most major supermarkets and convenience stores participate in Check-Out Hunger, a campaign that supports New Yorkers facing hunger this holiday season. Just add a donation slip of $1, $3, or $5 to the cost of your groceries and you’ll provide meals to New Yorkers in need.
- Pack stockings for the homeless. Seeing homeless New Yorkers go without during the holiday season is disheartening, to say the least. Brighten the day of someone less fortunate by packing stockings filled with necessities like water bottles, food, gloves, underwear, and blankets. Add some thoughtful touches and hand out these festive stockings as a gesture of kindness to those you encounter during your morning commute.
- Donate feminine hygiene products. As a woman who struggles with fibroids, you know the importance of feminine hygiene products. Many women in homeless shelters or domestic violence shelters don’t have access to these basic supplies. When period products go on sale, considering buying extra supplies to donate at your local shelter. Your donation may help a woman in need who is just like you and suffering from fibroids.
- Help a child in need. There are so many ways to give back to children during the holidays. You can write a letter to Santa and Macy will donate $1 to Make-A-Wish®, up to $1 million for each letter they receive. While visiting your local Barnes and Noble, you can participate in their Holiday Book Drive by purchasing a children’s book for a child in need. At check-out, they’ll have holiday classics displayed, such as Dr. Seuss’ “How the Grinch Stole Christmas!” Don’t forget to look up your local toy drives, either.
- Make a difference online. Do good for others right from your computer by using AmazonSmile while you shop. AmazonSmileis the easy, free way to donate during the holidays. Simply sign up and select the charity of your choice, and each time you shop a portion of everything you buy is donated to the charity of your choice. Remember, you need to always use the smile.amazon.com URL rather than amazon.com to shop.
By supporting a campaign or project, you’re making a difference this holiday season. Today is Giving Tuesday, which means that many companies are doubling or even tripling the impact of your donations. Take a look online to get inspired to give back today.