When you suffer from a variety of symptoms that interrupt your daily life, you should seek a “fibroid specialist near me.” If your symptoms cause you to have menstrual cycles that are stronger than usual, visit a fibroid treatment center in New York City, such as VIVA EVE. You can access the best treatment for fibroids and the most effective endometriosis treatment. These two conditions share similar symptoms, and it takes the expertise you’ll find at a center for uterine fibroids to reach an accurate diagnosis. They’ll get you started on the most appropriate treatment before you have more serious complications.
Endometriosis is caused by the excess lining in your uterus traveling to other parts of your body. If this lining isn’t excreted properly, it attaches itself to other organs of your body — like your bladder, fallopian tubes, large intestine and lungs. The cells in this lining swell each month, as they would in the uterus, causing endometriosis.
Fibroids are tumors that grow within the walls of your uterus. While fibroids create similar symptoms as endometriosis, fibroids remain concentrated in your uterus or its surrounding areas. As the symptoms of fibroids and endometriosis mimic one another, a fibroid specialist is best suited to give you a correct diagnosis.
Symptoms of Endometriosis vs. Fibroids
There are four stages of endometriosis, from minimal to severe. The stage of your endometriosis is assessed by a gynecologist specializing in fibroids through tests. This gynecologist then prescribes the best endometriosis treatment plan.
When you visit VIVA EVE, a fibroid center that employs only the best fibroid surgeons in NYC, your fibroid specialist discusses how to treat fibroids, as well as the best method to remove fibroids. Most doctors recommend 5 cm fibroid treatment for large fibroids; smaller fibroids usually can be left alone to go away on their own. Other symptoms that may require endometriosis treatment include:
- Pain occurring before and during your periods
- Pain experienced during intercourse
- Pain urinating when on your period
- Severe cramps
- Bleeding and spotting between menstrual cycles
Like endometriosis, fibroids have four classification types: intramural, subserosal, submucosal and cervical. Unlike endometriosis, this classification is based on the location of your fibroids in your uterus. Similar symptoms to endometriosis that fibroids exhibit are:
- Painful and heavy periods
- Painful urination
- Painful bowel movements
The Difference Between Endometriosis Treatment and Fibroid Treatment
There are a variety of treatments for endometriosis in New York City that include medication and surgery. The stage and your treatment preference help your fibroid specialist determine the next course of action. The medications used for endometriosis treatment include:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used to relieve the pelvic pain and cramping resulting from your symptoms. NSAIDs don’t stop the spread of endometriosis, but they provide relief from the symptoms.
- GnRH analogs. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogs effectively limit your pain and decrease the size of endometriosis. Also, these drugs suppress estrogen created by your ovaries.
- Oral contraceptive pills. This treatment adjusts your hormones by suppressing your estrogen.
- Aromatase inhibitors. These drugs slow the formation of estrogen inside of the endometriosis implants. They also limit estrogen in your ovaries and adipose tissue.
- These drugs counteract the estrogen in your system.
- This synthetic drug causes an increase in androgen and lowers estrogen. This drug has proven its effectiveness in decreasing pain and the size of endometriosis implants.
Surgery for endometriosis consists of either laparoscopy or traditional abdominal surgery. In treating fibroids, there are similar options that parallel the treatment of endometriosis. Other surgical fibroid treatment options include:
The notable difference in treatment comes with the use of a Levonorgestrel intrauterine system (LNG-IUS). This is a plastic device put inside of your uterus to release a hormone known as levonorgestrel, which halts the growth of the lining.
Rely on the Best Fibroid Surgeons in NYC
Physicians that treat a variety of gynecological issues don’t always recognize the presence of fibroids or endometriosis, which are misdiagnosed more often than not. Other conditions also share many of the same symptoms as fibroids. A uterine fibroid specialist who sees these disorders daily quickly recognizes other conditions such as:
At the same time, endometriosis treatment, adenomyosis treatment and fibroid tumor treatment all can affect your ability to conceive in the future. Not treating these conditions while you’re pregnant puts your baby at risk. At VIVA EVE, you get the best treatment for uterine fibroids and endometriosis. Your fibroid specialist in NYC looks out for you and your family planning goals.