When you hear that you may have fibroid cancer, you need to find the best fibroid specialist in NYC to get the finest care. At VIVA EVE, a treatment center for uterine fibroids in best fibroid surgeon, you’ll find a gynecologist specializing in fibroids. Our fibroid clinic offers the care you need to ease your symptoms and eliminate those growths. Call today to speak to the best fibroid doctor with access to the most up-to-date equipment and techniques to combat fibroid cancer.
Not every tumor that develops in your body is cancerous. Fibroids are usually non-cancerous growths that sometimes appear on your uterine lining. If your gynecologist or a uterine fibroid specialist finds growths inside your uterus during your child-bearing years, they’re typically benign. Fibroid cancer develops when cancer cells grow in the muscles of your uterus or the supporting tissues.
The best fibroid surgeons in NYC know that fibroids don’t always cause symptoms. Many women develop uterine fibroids, but don’t realize they have them until they undergo a pelvic exam or prenatal ultrasound from a gynecologist specializing in fibroids. Common fibroid symptoms include:
- Feeling full all the time
- Frequent urination
- Heavy menstrual cycles
- Pain during sex
- Fertility issues
- Unexplained weight gain
Symptoms of Fibroid Cancer
The instant you feel something isn’t normal in your body, particular in the area of your reproductive organs, contact a New York City gynecologist specializing in fibroids. VIVA EVE is a fibroid center for diagnosis and treatment. Once you discover your health is affected by fibroids, the first question you may ask is, “Where is a fibroid specialist near me?”
Fibroids develop between the ages of 16 and 50 years old, when your estrogen levels are higher. A fibroid specialist in Forest Hills helps you through this difficult time by reviewing the common symptoms of fibroid cancer. At the fibroid treatment center, your fibroid doctor looks for signs, including:
- Abnormal bleeding or spotting. This happens when you have irregular bleeding — or any bleeding that happens after you’ve gone through menopause. Have a uterine fibroid specialist check any bleeding that happens outside of what you’re used to right away. This bleeding can be heavy enough to trigger anemia.
- Vaginal discharge. Vaginal discharge may simply be a sign of infection or a condition unrelated to cancer. But any discharge should be checked by a doctor at your nearby fibroid treatment center in NYC.
- Pelvic pain or a mass on your pelvis. According to the American Cancer Society, about 10 percent of women who have uterine fibroids also have a mass or pelvic pain. Your fibroid doctor has tests and treatments to combat the cancer. He explains what to expect if you need fibroid surgery in NYC.
- Lower back pain. Fibroids press against the nerves of the lower back, causing pain.
Testing Options in Forest Hills, Queens
Finding out you have fibroid cancer is devastating news. Several viable treatment options improve your chances of beating the disease. Rarely do fibroids become cancerous, but when they do, this condition is called leiomyosarcoma.
Testing methods to discover fibroid cancer include:
- Endometrial biopsy. Your fibroid doctor at your nearest fibroid center in NYC inserts a thin tube through your cervix to collect a tissue sample from your uterus’ lining. He examines it under a microscope.
- Hysteroscopy. Your uterine fibroid specialist in NYC uses a small telescope, put into the uterus through the cervix, to view your uterus and look for visible fibroids.
- Transvaginal ultrasound. The best fibroid doctor in Queens inserts a probe into your vagina that emits sound waves. These sound waves generate pictures of your uterus so your fibroid doctor can identify any abnormalities.
New York City Treatment Options at VIVA EVE
Left untreated, fibroids may not only lead to cancer, but also affect your ability to have children. Fibroids obstruct your fallopian tubes, blocking the fertilized egg from reaching your uterus. Visit a center for uterine fibroids and talk to the best fibroid doctor. He can provide you with a number of non-invasive treatment options, such as these medications:
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH). This medication treats your fibroids by blocking estrogen and progesterone production. This causes your body to temporarily feel postmenopausal, but it stops menstruation, allowing your fibroids to shrink.
- Progestin-releasing intrauterine device (IUD). An IUD that releases progestin helps stop the heavy bleeding caused by fibroids. This medication don’t shrink or remove the fibroids, but it does provide relief from their symptoms.
- Other medications. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) ease the pain from fibroids, but they don’t reduce any bleeding.
The success rate of fibroid surgery in NYC depends on the stage of your fibroid cancer. Related factors include the type and grade of the cancer, as well as your health overall. You also increase your odds of success by relying on the best fibroid surgeons in NYC.